Belt and Road Art Talent Training Program 2019
As the most famous historical route in the world which connects the East and the West, the Silk Road has presented itself as the most colorful cultural corridor. The glory of the Silk Road in the past should be the starting point where the cultures of different countries meet and continue growing. In order to better enhance cultural exchanges with the countries along the Silk Road and strengthen the training of talents, Shanghai Conservatory of Music (SHCM), under the policy support of the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission, plans to organize the Belt and Road Art Talent Training Program 2019 with Shanghai Theatre Academy from June 10th, 2019 to July 5th, 2019 on the basis of both institutions' characteristics and discipline advantages to enable students from all over the world to learn Chinese art and culture in a multi-dimensional, multi-angle and multi-faceted manner through the study of the traditional Chinese culture.
The Belt and Road Art Talent Training Program 2019 will focus on the comparison of the art culture of countries along the land and maritime Silk Road and invite prestigious educators, performing artists and young teachers to deliver a comprehensive program that combines learning, appreciation and experience for international students, where they will learn Chinese art culture in a multi-dimensional, multi-angle and multi-faceted manner while exchanging the music culture of different countries.
The program will include master classes, Chinese music workshops, Chinese opera workshops, special lecture series, tutoring classes, Chinese classes, cultural activities, etc. Professors and experts of the Shanghai Conservatory of Music and in related fields will be invited to deliver workshops which focus on Chinese folk music, Chinese vocal works, Chinese piano art works, Chinese percussion works, etc. At the same time, there will be special lectures themed around “World National Music”. A concert will also be held to display students’ achievements.
III. Enrollment Quota
This program is, in principle, open to foreign students and scholars outside China between the age of 16 and 45. A total of 30 applicants will be enrolled as scholarship participants, among them 15 are Shanghai Government Scholarship winners, and 15 SHCM scholarship winners.
Selection will be organized by the organizing committee based on the application materials and the list of admitted participants will be announced on the official website of the SHCM http://iso.shcmusic.edu.cn
IV. Application Requirements
1. Application period: Mar. 10, 2019 – Apr. 20, 2019
2. Application materials
(1) Application Form for the Belt and Road Art Talent Training Program 2019
(2) A print copy or scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport;
(3) A curriculum vitae;
(4) Three passport-size photos;
(5) Audio CD or DVD materials (one or two pieces of music that last about five minutes in total), please send the e-files to email@example.com.
Please mark the email with “Belt and Road Program: Your name - nationality”
e.g，“Belt and Road Program: Mike - US”
3. Related costs
The fees for application, tuition, accommodation, activities, teaching materials and comprehensive insurance will be covered by the scholarship, while meals and transportation expenses should be borne by students themselves.
4. Application procedures and special notes
(1) Please download the application form from the website below and fill it in Chinese or English as required.
(2) All application materials should be submitted by post or e-mail.
(3) The SHCM will issue the Admission Notice and Visa Application for Study in China to those who are selected. The participants must enter China with a student visa (X1 or X2). Since the Admission Notice and Visa Application will be sent by post, applicants should leave the correct address information and mobile phone number on the application form to ensure successful delivery.
(4) Participants should register on the date stipulated in the admission notice. Those who cannot register on time should report in advance to the International Education Division of the SHCM for permission.
(5) The application materials submitted will not be returned.
V. Contact Information
Shanghai Conservatory of Music
Contact persons: Ms. Le or Ms. Wu
Address: International Education Division, Shanghai Conservatory of Music, No. 20 Fenyang Road, Shanghai 200031, P.R. China
Tel: 0086 -21-6431-6745
Fax: 0086 -21 -6431-0305